We have compiled a list of common government services and contact information for your convenience.

Phone Service

AT&T     1-800-288-2020

Contact the companies for current rates, plans & deposits.

Garbage Collection

The City of Dickson provides free curbside garbage pickup at residential locations for all homes inside city limits. Collections are made once a week, and garbage must be placed in front of the home at the street. Backdoor pickup is also provided, free of charge, to residents who are disabled. A doctor’s statement proving disability is required. Backdoor pick- up is available to anyone else who desires it for a fee of $20 per month. The city will also provide pickup service for brush and leaves during season, but if leaf pickup is desired off-season you must call and request the service. This service is also provided free of charge. However, if a contractor is hired to top trees, the contractor is responsible for removing the brush. For information on when garbage is collected in your area, or to request other services, call the Streets and Sanitation Department at (615) 441-9506.

The City of Charlotte provides free household garbage collection for residents of the city. Pickup is provided once per week on Wednesday morning. For information on requesting the service, call Billy Lewis at (615) 789-4076.

White Bluff

The town of White Bluff provides free household garbage collection for residents of the city. The service is provided once a week. For information about obtaining the service, call (615) 797-3131.

County Landfill

The Dickson County Landfill is open six days a week from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to 12 pm on Saturday. It is closed on Sundays and holidays. The county also has several convenience sites located throughout the county with dumpsters for disposing of household waste and different recycling bins from Dickson County. These sites can be found on Grab Creek Road, Tenn. 47 and 96 in Burns, in White Bluff, in Charlotte near the county jail, on Bowker Road, Pond Switch Road, Sylvis Road near the county highway garage, Eno Road, and in Vanleer. Check with the site nearest to you for the hours of operation.  The site past/behind the Roxy Theater has all recycle bins for plastic, newspaper, cardboard, magazines and glass. 

Cable Service

To get television service, you may call Comcast Cable at 244-5900 or DirecTv at 1-888-866-3008 or Dish Network at 441-1159.

Gas Service
The Greater Dickson Gas Authority services all of Dickson County. Those who want gas must go to the office, located at 605 E. Walnut St., fill out an application.  Please call them for current connection fees and deposit amounts.

Bills can be paid on or before the due date at the Greater Dickson Gas Authority office, or before the due date at Dickson Electric System or the Water Authority of Dickson County.

Someone must be present at the location in order for the gas to be hooked up.

Appliances for customers on natural and propane gas are sold, and propane gas is sold to customers within a 25-mile radius of Dickson. Other questions may be answered Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm at (615) 441-2830. The emergency after hours number is (615) 441-2830.

Electric Service

The Dickson Electric System serves business, home and industry for the greater Dickson area and portions of Cheatham, Hickman, Houston and Montgomery Counties.

To apply for electrical service you may do it either by phone, fax, mail, e-mail or go to the business office located at 236 Cowan Road and pay a deposit. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For information concerning surge protection for your home, emergency beacon lights, bank drafts, security lights, levelized billing, heat pump financing, new home construction incentives and water heater replacement incentives, please call (615) 446-9051.

A night depository is located near the drive-thru window for your convenience after business hours. Bills can be paid on or before the due date, when you present your bill at the following locations: Water Authority of Dickson County, Greater Dickson Gas Authority, First Federal Savings Bank, TriStar Bank, FirstBank, Pinnacle Bank, Traditions First Bank, First Federal Bank and Community Bank & Trust in Pegram & Kingston Springs. The emergency after hours number is (615) 446-9051.

Water/Sewer Service

Water Authority of Dickson County (WADC)
The WADC is located at 101 Cowan Road in Dickson, Tennessee. Their phone number is 615.441.4188

For water/sewer service report to their office and complete an application for water/sewer service. Please contact them for current connection fees and rates.  Bills can be paid on or before the due date at the WADC, and before the due date at The Greater Dickson Gas Authority and Dickson Electric System. Their office hours are Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The after-hours emergency phone number is 615-441-9511. They also have a website: www.wadc.us.

Sylvia-Tennessee City-Pond Utility District

This utility district office, located at 102 Pond Circle in Pond, services several areas (phone 446-8888).  Please contact their office for current connection fees and deposits.

Vanleer Water Works
The Vanleer Water Works office is located at 4714 Highway 49 W. in Vanleer and the address is P.O. Box 69, Vanleer, TN 37181 (phone 615-763-2823). The utility provides water to customers inside and outside the corporate limits of the town.  Please contact their office for current connection fees and deposits.
Upcoming Events
Humitity: 93%
Wind: SE at 0.0 mph